Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thing # 2


If we want to engage our students in learning and encourage creativity and improve problem solving skills, then digital teaching needs to be integrated in the learning process.  As a society we are so immersed in a digital world that connecting the real world to self is important for teachers, students, and parents.  I am at the district’s radio station and we are already posting high school students’ podcasts.  There’s an entire digital process from research to digital editing of audio before it’s posted to our website.   Before this school year ends, we plan to have some students’ vodcasting on our site.

I have spent about  1 ½ hours on the stretch activity trying to import my avatar from yahoo.   I think I’m following all of the steps posted on MISD 23 things.  I also watched the video and referenced “help.”  It appears that the process has changed.  I took a deep breath and stopped before becoming frustrated.   Having said this, using technology is a continual learning process.  I will collaborate with others and consider this as a challenge and not a problem!    

1 comment: